29 September 2008

/:..:::...``praise``...:::...:/


So many things have been going on in my life lately. The school year started slow, but now life is getting hectic and crazy and we have more to do and more to study. I have almost 3 jobs now!! Ha, definitely not what I was looking for but I know I will grow in each and enjoy each of them. I got a job at the assisted living just down the road from me as a part-time bath aide for about 12 hours a week! They also needed another person to babysit a bunch of kids for 2 hours on Friday mornings for CBC's Women's Bible Study Group. Which I could do this for my SLT for school or for some extra cash. I have decided to do my SLT with Christ for the City International- today I just did office work, but I really want to become a facilitator/leader for the Urban Plunge. This is basically a group of youth from churches mainly who go to 9 different ministries throughout Omaha and basically preach the gospel and help out in anyway. Some include the Hope Center, Angels on Wheels and also sharing with homeless people and prostitutes. It goes from Friday afternoons to Sunday early afternoons, and of course I wouldn't have to lead every week! I know- "lead". What exactly does that mean? I'm not totally sure yet, but I wouldn't be organizing everything, I just basically go with them to every ministry and tell them where to go. I dont necessarily do the work either, I just kind of supervise and watch and listen. Sounds great to me. I also think this would be great experience for being a missionary or doing cross-cultural ministries overseas someday. I also get paid for it and can use it as my SLT! So Praise God, maybe He overdid it this time, haha, I shouldn't complain AT ALL!! Thanks Jesus.

No comments: