03 September 2008

Joy

Wow, I'm having such a great time hear at Grace. I was a bit taken back when I went to class for the first time and the professor prayed! WOW! I don't know why I was surprised, but I've never had this experience through a public school before so that is why. I absolutely love it though! Another great thing that I've really enjoyed here is the dorm life. Yes, it's tight and people get annoyed and cranky, but it is such an enjoyable experience that I think everyone should go through. We learn to get along even when we don't want to but have to. We put up with our roomies and friends even when we would rather lock the door. I love keeping my door open though, because people pop in and out all the time. I even meet new people when I leave the door open because they see my colorful curtains right off the bat and say "Awww, I haven't seen this room yet....." We're also going to be starting a Beth Moore Bible Study "Jesus the One and Only", and I heard theres lots of reading and homework with it, but its what I want to do. We talk about wanting to be on fire for Jesus, but yet we don't do it. We have the desire to be all Jesus wants us to be, but we seem to let go and fall between the cracks. Why don't we just finally for once and all say "Jesus, here is my life, lead me and I will follow. You are in control, I will obey with everything I have". I desire that but I don't do it. Now is the time...

No comments: