22 April 2009

Thankfulness

I have such a grateful and thankful heart. I have watched God time and time again supply my needs for everything, especially Swaziland. I realize that it is truth to say "When God calls, God provides" but then again we don't seem to believe it in our hearts until we experience the way He provides. I have been comparing myself to my teammates, where many of them are already fully funded and lets just say yes I was a bit jealous because I have been raising support longer than some of them. But then again, it's not a competition nor is it about who gets more and who gets it faster. God supplies in His timing for certain reasons, such as strengthening our faith in Him to provide. I have surely felt and experience the calling God has for me this summer in the last couple months. He has made it so darn clear to me that I am on the right track. When I first began this process I basically prayed about it but didn't really know what He wanted for me. But, I did ask Him to shut a door if it wasn't His will. He never did shut the door. It's still wide open, and my support is still coming in little by little. I have about 4 weeks from this Friday till its due. That is enough time to receive the rest. I am just needing about $300 to cover AIM's, but at the beginning of this process I communicated with God that I wasn't going to pay for it and He would provide it all if I was going to go. Therefore, for all of it to be covered, it would come to a total of $5300 instead of $4600 (AIM's cost). My ticket to ATL was expensive and then i had to get 2 more shots. I have set my goal at $5000 though. If I can reach that, I will be pleased. If I can reach the full amount, wow, my heart will completely melt of thankfulness.

What I've learned is that it is quite easy to be confident in Christ, actually. Do you even realize how BIG He really is? Or do you put Him in a box as if He is limited to what He can do? Well, I have news for you- HE HAS ALL THE MONEY IN THE WORLD AND CAN DO WHATEVER HE WANTS! Now, that should help you out. All you have to say to yourself daily and continually is that if you know your direction and God has made it clear, than just be confident He's going to get you there, even if it doesn't happen until the last day (such as support received). Soon, you will believe it in your heart, not just your head.

He is truly the Lover of my soul. No one else can satsify such a desire, nor fulfill an empty hole. Only Jesus.

No comments: