19 April 2009

Jer 29:11

I was reminded by God's truth today. Alot of times it seems so easy to just believe "For I know the plans I have for you..." in Jeremiah 29:11. All too often I kind of brush past this verse and not think about what it really means because so many people use it and it seems that it becomes a bit dull. When things change, especially things that you don't want to change, it is so utterly difficult to comprehend and recall the belief you say you have in the Lord and His plans He has laid out for each person. It's so easy for someone to say that God's plans are much more rewarding, satisfying, and beautiful compared to our own because of who He is and who we are (not that we can actually compare ourselves to His majesty). I love when the Holy Spirit pops verses into our heads at the time you need them. What would I do without God the Son, God the Father, and God the Holy Spirit? How could I live a life worth living for if we didn't have Jesus? Some events make some people want to forget about their dreams and passions...but I say, don't. If you are in line with God's will, waiting on His direction and asking Him to lead you, those dreams are there for a reason. He is going to use you for His Kingdom. Hallelujah!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments: