25 January 2010

photography

I sort of feel like I'm high on the clouds today.  It's almost weird when an opportunity is presented to you but you know you couldn't do it for at least another year or two.  I remember praying quite a while back about God using my photography talent that He has given me for His glory.  I especially wanted to photograph children, my my heart lays.  I was offered an invitation to go to Northern Uganda and take a ton of pictures for an organization called "Today's Children, Africa's Future".  I dont really know that terribly much about them.  They are small yet, and I dont think that many people have heard about them either.  I heard of them through facebook, somehow...Anyways, I thought that was pretty interesting.  I almost wanted to jump at it and accept it, but I knew I couldn't. Not now anyways.  I've began to want to take pictures more and more each year I get older, the desire grows deeper.  When the founder had presented this invitation to me, a bit later a thought had come to me.  I had remembered that night when I went to sleep but asked God to give me such an opportunity some day.  I dont know if this is the one He is talking about, but all I know is He is involved in my life and does hear me when I think He doesn't.  (We all doubt many times).  Even thought he knows I can't do this now, the founder still asked me if I would be willing to make a book for them to represent their organization to others (and for sponsored children).  Neat huh?  We'll see what God has planned for this next...I dont know for sure if I will be making this book, but it definitely made my day...for someone to recognize and be impressed by my photos I had posted on facebook.  

(Oh, and I have no photography training actually; I wish I could take a class to learn more about the technical parts of the camera)


I am pretty excited to see where I will be lead to in the future.  

God, you are always there, pulling my hand along the way gently.  And whenever I take a step backwards or sidewards, you are always pushing me back onto the right path.  I love you Jesus.

2 comments:

Amanda B said...

Amanda! That's so awesome! You are excellent at Photography! I am excited to see what God does in your life!
Amanda =)

オテモヤン said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.