29 March 2009

answer to prayer

So I think sometimes friends are "Godsend." Does that make sense? Friends and mentors are put in our paths and different areas of our lives for certain reasons. I never knew exactly why I decided to lead the Urban Plunge. It was way out of my leadership gifts and I wonder why I even kept going because I did not have a passion for it, nor was I enjoying it. My heart just wasn't in it. Something I knew maybe I wasn't ready for. But, I met this cool guy the weekend I shadowed. He is part of the worship ministry for Angels on Wheels as well as runs his own website and prints a magazine now (I just found out about it a month ago) to raise money for an orphanage he wants to start back in the Philipines. How awesome! I have been so encouraged by him, especially after a hard weekend on the Plunge. So he asked me about Africa and asked if he could feature my mission trip and financial need in his magazine. And I was completely shocked and amazed. "Lord, is this where you're going to provide the rest of the support through?" So, now I am in a magazine!! Yeaaaa! Cool huh? Weird how God answers prayer. What a mystery...I'm sure praying the support comes in in the next 50 days! Please be praying for my team as well...Some of them just started raising support so they're a bit tight! God's got it under control though. If you would like to see my page, I can sure send it to you!

Remember, you can donate online at:
https://www.adventures.org/give/donate.asp?giveto=partFund
***Full Name: Amanda Lee Larsen
***Program: Real Life

Questions? Email me at alarsen07@yahoo.com

No comments: