27 December 2008

tough days

I have to admit that I haven't had the greatest time on my break off from school. For one thing, I don't really have a job to keep me busy, but doing house work for a lady in town a couple hours a week. The rest of the time I am either watching movies, reading, scrapping, working on a friend's wedding album, playin' around on facebook and email, writing new blogs, etc., you get the idea. It has been tough to not have a specific and detailed schedule everyday. It makes me life almost chaotic.

What's been bugging me the most is that I know I've been lacking spiritually. Not giving God my time. Being selfish. Letting flesh take over my life. It's so much easier to keep an appointment with my Father when I am in school- sounds crazy, but it is. It's probably been one of the toughest 2 weeks I've been through in the last 6 months. I am so ready to go back to school and challenge my thoughts as well as beliefs. I am so ready to be with my friends again and be able to share my heart with them. I can kind of call my dorm room "home"...in a sense that I don't feel like i have a set "home" right now through college.

Yes it is nice to be lazy for a couple days, but boy it just gets SOO old after a couple of days.

Not only am I ready to go back to school, but because the sooner school starts the sooner I will be on my way to Africa! What an absolute dream come true.

I LOVE YOU JESUS!

2 comments:

Barry and Amy said...

What a wonderful post! I think it's great that you are so ready to get back into the swing of things with your walk with God!

Lauret said...

I understand what u mean.
I've felt so many times that I can do better things for people instead of being here, sitting all the day just doing nothing.
That kind of feelings are like "alerts" that guide us to change our way of acting :), and i think it's important to realize that we want that change n.n
Bye :)