28 December 2008

...:::{He is great}:::...

Take, me, make me
All You want me to be
That's all I'm asking, all I'm asking

Welcome to this heart of mine
I've buried under prideful vines
Grown to hide the mess I've made
Inside of me
Come decorate, Lord
Open up the creaking door
And walk upon the dusty floor
Scrape away the guilty stains
Until no sin or shame remain
Spread Your love upon the walls
And occupy the empty halls
Until the man I am has faded
No more doors are barricaded

Chorus:
Come inside this heart of mine
It's not my own
Make it home
Come and take this heart and make it
All Your own
Welcome home

Take a seat, pull up a chair
Forgive me for the disrepair
And the souvenirs from floor to ceiling
Gathered on my search for meaning
Every closet's filled with clutter
Messes yet to be discovered
I'm overwhelmed, I understand
I can't make this place all that You can

I took the space that You placed in me
Redecorated in shades of greed
And I made sure every door stayed locked
Every window blocked, and still You knocked

Take me, make me
All You want me to be
That's all I'm asking, all I'm asking

**This song came to my mind the other night suddenly. I knew I needed to listen to it because I couldn't remember how it actually went or what the lyrics were. It's written by Shaun Groves, "Welcome Home". The words are amazing and spoke to my heart in a deeper sense than I've ever gotten from this song before. I've been in real need of wanting God to heal me through a couple of my struggles that seem to creep up on me in the most ridiculous times. I've been learning that what is head knowledge and beliefs to me are sometimes only head knowledge and hasn't become completely a part of my heart yet. I was discussing this with a friend and I've realized this could be one of the hardest things we ever struggle with. And we know what we truly believe in our hearts compared to our heads because it'll show us through our trials, temptations, and tough challenges. What we truly believe will come out of us then. I know I have a lot of work to do- while I "let" God use His power inside of me as well. Like this song says "I took the space that You placed in me; Redecorated in shades of greed; And I made sure every door stayed locked; Every window blocked, and still You knocked." I think I have many of my windows shut and locked with maybe half a door open. Why isn't is so easy to open up everything and just let Jesus do what He came to do!?

I never thought of our "heart" as having halls, walls, doors, and windows. How many of our halls are empty? How many of the walls of security are standing up a little too strong? How many doors are open wide? Are our windows blocked?

It all makes sense! Come in a fill the halls with your presence. Occupy yourself in every room. Write yourself on the walls. Open up the doors with door stoppers- maybe nail them open!? Father, break the walls of shame, embarassment, pride, selfishness, and judgemental attitude DOWN. Instead, take over with your love, redemption and grace. Cover me with your peaceful Spirit and your calming presence. But the thing is that we can't do it on our own. We can't make it such a place that our Savior can. Only He can! That is what is so great about Him! If we try and fill our heart by ourselves, it will be full of mess and clutter and everything else of this world that has no eternal value or everlasting effect. It's time for a rennovation and a remodel...what do you say?

1 comment:

Cori W. Curtis said...

Amanda, I just wanted to tell you that I really like your blog. When we meet up. I would really like to take a look at your creations with you, so I can get the artist's recommendation on what to purchase. If there is anything I can do for you to help you plan for you trip, your daily life, or anything thing else just let me know. Have a wonderful day, and I'll talk with you soon.

In Christ,
Cori C.