15 October 2008

.......:::::'hear your heart beat':::::.....

"The more I seek you,
The more I find you
The more I find you,
the more I love you

I wanna sit
at your feet
drink from the cup
in your hand
Lay back
against you and breath, hear your heart beat
This love is so deep, it's more than I can stand
I melt in your peace, it's overwhelming"


I was listening to this song tonight by Kari Jobe. She leads worship down in this huge church in Texas but also does a little bit of traveling with her band. She is amazing. All her songs are so soft and intimate and the words always hit me deeply.
As I was pondering this song I had remembered something my mentor had told me. I explained that most of the time I wonder how can God possibly be that dedicated to me and each one of us when He has 6 billion people in the world to take care of. For some reason I can't seem to understand the fact that He thinks about us MORE than the grains of sand combined. How precious and amazing! But when I mentioned that, she told me something I had never heard before. Something that made me view my personal, eternal, intimate relationship with Jesus on a whole new level. She said "He waits for your phone call. He waits for you to call on Him and to talk to Him just as we wait for a boy on earth to call us. When He answers that phone and sees our name on the caller-id, His heart flutters and beats faster and faster. He gets nervous. He says with excitement 'Oh my, it's my precious daughter calling me'. He waits for that and cherishes it." Think of it as a guy who you have a crush on or want to notice you. You wait for that phone call or for that instant moment of communication with him/her. You become so excited and nervous, your hands sweat, your heart beats crazily.

Except with Jesus and God the Father, it is true love. Can you just picture Him picking up the phone, saying your name out loud and has been waiting for you to call Him.

Now its our turn. Pick up the phone and call Him. Dial Him 24/7.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i adore that song! let the truth from those words wash over you!

i miss seeing you! we need to hang soon. :)