08 July 2008

God's plans are not mine

I'm amazed at where I am in life right now. A year ago I was getting ready for my first year of Nursing School. My heart was so deep into the thought of me being a Nurse and serving overseas one day. So what happened? Why did I all of a sudden have a change of heart? I'm not sure. All I know was i didn't change out of my own selfish motives, I knew God was somehow telling me that wasn't it, He wanted something else, something better for me. Missions has always been on my heart. Therefore I looked into the Intercultural Studies Program at Grace University.

Well here I am...I have my classes registered for Grace University and am going into the IS Program. Wow. God, how did I get here already? It seems like I was just dragging along in the storm and rain. Now the sunshine has finally brightened up. You brought me over the hurdle like you always do. Like you always will. God you are faithful, no matter how much we don't want to believe it sometimes. Here I'm getting ready to move home for a couple weeks and move into the dorm life. It'll be a big change; a bit scary. I'm ready for it. I'm overly excited about it. So many things have cleared up since I made this decision. When I dropped out of Nursing School officially, I doubted all over again- what was I doing shutting out my "was-to-be" dreams. I guess they were altered, and made better. For God always has something so incredible waiting around the corner for us, but we have to wait and be patient for it. For when we surrender everything, is when we are blessed abundantly!

3 comments:

The Sieberts said...

cool frames!!! you should open an online store. i've seen someone's through another blog that they did. i'll send you the link.

amandalarsen said...

you commented on the wrong entry silly oh well!

The Sieberts said...

oopppssss...=)