10 April 2010

cold rain

So whenever its going to storm we can tell.  Last night we sat outside and the wind picked up very fast so quickly.  Thats the first sign.  Then it got really dusty and all of a sudden it was sprinkling and pouring.  Of course on our tin roof it sounds SOO LOUD!  The rain was absolutely freezing cold.  I had forgotten what cold weather felt like.  Our room is usually hott at night but it was blowing it so much I was so so happy and thankful for it.  It is not the rainey season till June so every storm we get is a GIFT.  It even lightening and thundered last night (it doesn't always).  Then the power went out and was out all night.  Therefore, no fans.  Therefore, we our beds were wet when we woke up, oh and our hair, from sweat.....good 'ole sweat.  Gotta love sleeping in your sweat.  Then I slept till 11am, because I could:), and Michenzie and Chris made chocolate chip pancakes with syrup---they are SOOO AWESOME.  We have such a great team who can cook, I'm very impressed myself, and alot of it is made up with no recipe when we hardly have any food left.  Great job team, love you all!

 

No comments: