23 November 2008

Small Tips

It's been tough lately. My support started out strong, I was checking my account everyday and it seemed like it kept rising for a couple weeks. Then I was soo excited! So what happened now? When it's not rolling in week by week, do I just get discouraged and lose my faith? Sometimes I think so. But I've told and I've conversed with God time and time again, "I am giving this all to you. I can't raise $5,000 by myself and you know that. You have all the money in the world because it belongs to you. I'm letting you worry about bringing in the support, while I keep living my life through you. I trust you and I put my whole dependence on you. It is not even an option to worry about this". God said "Let me do this for you". Now that the percentage of support has stayed at the same spot for a couple weeks, is when I've been doubting everything again. The enemy definitely got a hold of my thoughts at that time- but like I learned from my mentor; "bring it on Satan!". Tell the devil to bring it on- do what you think you can do to make me reject God and I will SHOW YOU I BELONG TO HIM because He is faithful. It has been on my mind for a week now- all I care about is what God thinks and how strongly I can stand up for Him.

So my next piece of advice. Where else can I look to make small amounts of money for my missions trip. Another girl who will be going with me to Swaziland has used the smallest way to collect cans and recycle them for a small profit- yes it is so small because you get paid by the pound and pop cans are soo light! But, it helps. I'm still looking around for craft shows for the spring time...I don't know if anymore will come up before May, but I'm sure praying there will be some. I made $350 at my last show, which actually disappointed me a bit. God had a good reason for that though. I'm trusting YOU will bring me through again, Father. What other small ways can I bring support about. My etsy shop has been soo slow, and i've been working on making it more attractive- it's not easy though because there are SOOO many sellers on etsy. Spend $ before you receive, is the philosophy statement I guess.

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Dear Amanda,
The Holy Spirit is so evident in you… your faith in Our Dearest Lord is something to be admired… It takes so much love and courage to go on a Mission trip. It’s people like you that are inspiring to young and old Christians. Thank you for doing God’s work and don’t loose faith in raising money. God is seldom early but He is never late….. You will be in my daily prayers.